Avera Health and the Sioux Falls School District plan to host a new series of virtual discussions for families about mental health and wellbeing.
The virtual forums on pre-selected topics will be held at 6 pm the third Tuesday of each month through a secure webinar platform.
Families can participate anonymously in a safe space to learn about the challenges facing students and the resources available for help.
The series is not meant to offer personal medical advice, but rather general information to build parents’ knowledge.
Each session will be approximately 40 minutes long, recorded and posted on the district’s website for on-demand playback. Topics include the following:
- Suicide prevention on Sept. twenty
- Anxiety on Oct. 18
- Digital media on Nov. 15
- Gaming addiction on Dec. 20
- Recognizing unhealthy eating on Jan. 17
- Vaping & children’s health on Feb. 21
- Grief & loss on March 21
- Helping your child resolve conflicts on April 18
- Community resources available during the summer on May 16
More:The Link will offer sexual assault kits starting in early May